Rafael has an experience of more than 15 years focused in international trade, maritime law, customs law, insurance, litigation and arbitration. His clients are mainly on export, shipping, energy, and insurance business.
As an active litigator he represent clients before all Chilean courts, including Appeal and Supreme Court. He has represented clients from North America, Germany, U.K, France, Denmark, Spain, Panamá, among others, in commercial disputes, ship arrest, cargo cases, insurance, among others.
Currently, Rafael serves as Vice-president of the Ibero-American Maritime Law Institute, Chile.
He has taught law in Chilean universities.
- Lawyer, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, Chile
- LLM, Heidelberg University, Germany.
- Magister in Law, Universidad de Chile © on Investments, Commerce and Arbitration.
- Customs Law Diploma, Universidad Finis Terrae, Chile.
Main Practice Areas
- International Trade
- Maritime Law.
- Insurance Law.
- Customs Law.
- Commercial Disputes.
- Chilean Bar Association.
- Ibero-American Maritime Law Institute
- Association Internationale de Droit des Assurances (AIDA), Chile
- “Procedimiento Simplificado y Monitorio en el Código Procesal Penal Chileno”, Editorial Librotecnia, 2008
- Carrier`s Liability on Carriage of Goods by Sea according Hamburg Rules, in “Anuario de Derecho Comercial y Marítimo”, Chile, 2009 No. 1
- Carrier`s Liability according the Rotterdam Rules, in “Anuario de Derecho Comercial y Marítimo”, 2010, No. 2.
- Jurisdiction Clauses in Maritime Law, in “Anuario de Derecho Comercial y Marítimo”, 2012 No. 4
- “Jurisdiction in Maritime Law and in the Rotterdam Rules” in “Estudios de Derecho Comercial (Ed. María Fernanda Vásquez P.)”, Legal Publishing, 2011.
- Among other publications on Insurance Law, Ship Arrests, Jurisprudence, etc.
- Fluent English and Spanish.